Vision & Mission
Mary MacKillop College, in serving the five Catholic parishes of South Gippsland, is committed to:
- Bringing the Gospel of Jesus to life in the students entrusted to our care.
- Educating the whole person; spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, and emotionally.
- Promoting excellence in all endeavours.
- Developing a welcoming Catholic faith community that inspires a passion for justice and service as lived by Mary MacKillop.
It is our expectation that graduates of our College would:
- be active witnesses to the Gospel of Jesus,
- uphold Australian democratic values,
- participate in the civic life of Australian society and
- have the skills needed for lifelong learning.
Enhance the Catholic Nature of our College
- Enhance the provision of an education in faith and opportunities for faith development that enrich the spirituality of the College community.
- Maintain & enhance the Catholic identity of our College with particular reference to the charism of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and Father Julian Tenison Woods.
- Acknowledge, support and encourage the role of our parishes in the life of the College community.
- Develop and implement a quality curriculum in Religious Education.
- Raise awareness of social justice issues and respond in action.
Promote Effective Teaching and Learning
- Ensure that Catholic values permeate all aspects of the College curriculum.
- Build an effective learning community that strives for, expects & celebrates personal excellence.
- Provide a challenging, relevant and creative curriculum that is informed and supported by assessment and reporting.
- Promote creative and engaging teaching and learning practice in our College.
- Provide opportunities for the continual professional learning of staff.
Develop the Community Nature of our College
- Promote our College as a welcoming and compassionate community.
- Build positive relationships within our College and the wider Catholic school system based on the Gospel values of justice and love.
- Care for the wellbeing of students, staff and parents.
- Respect difference and diversity and promote inclusive practices in our College.
- Build partnerships with families, parishes and the wider community.
Strengthen the Leadership in our College
- Enhance the quality of leadership in our College.
- Develop the leadership potential of individuals.
Exercise Stewardship of College Resources
- Provide effective stewardship of human resources.
- Provide effective stewardship of College infrastructure.
- Provide effective stewardship of material resources.
- Provide effective stewardship of fiscal resources.